Community Assets Standing Tall (CAST) is a Community Interest Organisation (CIO) having charitable Status, Register No. 1153512 and run by a Board of Trustees made up from the local community. The group was formed 6th June 2013 when the need to identify and help protect community assets became apparent and gained Charitable Status on 22nd August 2013. A Community Asset is anything at all that the community feel is an integral part of the area, be it for its historical, commemorative, scenic or sentimental value, if it is something you really don’t want to lose from your community it is a Community Asset.
A regeneration charity dedicated to the well-being of communities and preservation of heritage in Rossendale.
Our key five objectives are:
- To support the improvement of the physical, social and economic environment of the Rossendale Valley.
- To work to ensure the establishment, sustainability and well-being of the Bacup Community Resource Centre.
- To promote and sustain interest in the heritage of the Rossendale Valley.
- To act as a supportive resource for all parts of the community of Rossendale.
- To be a robust, resilient, effective and sustainable organisation, equipped to deliver its social mission.